Local Leadership You Can Trust
Town Councilor Precinct 11
West Barnstable/ Marstons Mills / Centerville
Thank you for your vote.
And thank you to the kind constituents who greeted me so graciously as I went door to door to introduce myself and to hear your interests and concerns.
It is participation from any and all of my constituents that helps to make West Barnstable such a special place.
New and Expanded Town programs:
- Introduced Veteran and Senior Property Tax Work-Off programs.
- Worked with Town Managers of Barnstable and Yarmouth to clean up the railroad tracks and repair “trash train” cars to prevent them from spilling trash along the tracks.
- Worked to improve the Form Based Zoning ordinance for downtown Hyannis, resulting in 10 amendments (attributed to me).
- Town Council liaison to Sandy Neck Board, Open Space Committee, Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Old King’s Highway Historic District Committee.
- Volunteer at the Adult Community Center for the monthly Brown Bag program and actively recruited new volunteers to assist each month.
- Facilitated public informational meetings regarding the Scudder Lane Landing improvement project by Department of Public Works.
West Barnstable Accomplishments:
- Successfully lobbied for Town resources for the West Barnstable/ Precinct 11 West Barnstable Community Building:
- New flag pole
- New Tables
- Attended monthly West Barnstable Civic Association Board Meetings and the three General Membership meetings.
- Continued to serve as Water Commissioner and brought awareness to West Barnstable residents of the Town’s plans to drill for municipal water in West Barnstable. Communicated the plans, process, and progress to constituents.
- Listened and responded to constituent requests and concerns. Directed them to town services & expertise.
- Met regularly with Town Manager Mark Ells to discuss concerns specific to West Barnstable as well as to the whole town.
- Volunteer Work: West Barnstable Civic Association, West Barnstable Historical Society, West Barnstable Village Festival Committee, Barnstable Land Trust, & Friends of Barnstable Harbor
- Produced monthly(ish) e-newsletters with Town updates and Local Events. To receive my newsletter, scroll down.
West Barnstable is a small and unique community. From Sandwich and Sandy Neck, into Marstons Mills, then over to Barnstable Village, Precinct 11 has a story, and a history, distinct from the rest of the Town of Barnstable. As a resident for over 30 years, and a salty and seasoned community organizer, Kris understands the needs of the community.
To learn more about Kris’s experience, visit Meet Kris Clark. Did you know that Kris was the Deputy Shellfish Constable for the Town of Barnstable for 13 years? Or, that she has actively participated in various town committees and boards for the better part of her 30 years in West Barnstable?
And don’t forget to scroll down and sign up for Kris’s newsletter!